11.21.2010

Coming Up...

This week had me busy busy {away form blogland} which meant little time for reading. Sadly, I only read 2 books this week, shocking I know!  But, I plan to remedy this on my upcoming vacation.  In case you didn't know, this week marks the American Thanksgiving, and I will bravely be traveling with the millions of other people desperate for some Turkey.  There wont be any posts this coming Thursday, Friday, and Saturday because of the holiday. 


Reviewing:
This week we'll be reviewing 2 new-to-me authors and series both in the "magic and more" category of Urban Fantasy.  Grave Witch by Kaylana Price and The Sweet Scent of Blood by Suzanne Mcleod.


Reading:
This week I'll be reading Magic in the Blood by Devon Monk, followed by Wanderlust and Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre.


News and More:
Somehow I landed $15 in Borders Bucks, and of course I used it straight away to stack my TBR.  I purchased Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill, Magic in the Blood by Devon Monk, and Street Magic by Caitlin Kittredge.   Previously this week, I purchased Nightshade by Andrea Cremer and I'm anxious to see if all the hype is justified. 
I received and ARC of Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck that I'm really looking forward to.  I had previously read TC before it was picked up by a big publisher and I'll be interested to see how this new version fares to the previous.  I also received the last 2 books in the Casa Dracula series by Marta Acosta, The Bride at Casa Dracula and Haunted Honeymoon at Casa DraculaThe first two in this series were original and hilarious and I can't wait to see what Milagro is up to now.  


What are you reading this week?  What new releases maybe caught your eye?  Hope everyone has a great week and safe travels to all you tryptophan lovers.  

9 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! I can't wait for you to get to Magic in the Blood and WANDERLUST AND DOUBLE BLIND!!!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great vacation! Looking forward to see what you thought of Grave Witch and Nightshade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you think of Grave Witch. It's high on my tbr pile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam: I can't wait either. Such a good reading week :D

    Jen D & Colette: The 'Grave Witch' review will post tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some Girls Bite! Really enjoyed that one. And you know how I feel about reading Magic in the Blood... Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading Night Shift, oddly enough Ann Aguirre's Wonderlust is being read sometime this week and Anna Windsor's Captive Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruth: we're reading twins! I hope you come chat Night Shift with me Dec 3rd! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie: I'm excited about starting the Chloe Neill series....see what all the fuss is about :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! :) You all have to baare with me for a few weeks here. This week is Thanksgiving and then at the end of next week I'm moving so it will take me a few weeks to settle in. So I completely understand the crazyness. :) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with everyone. :) Take it easy and be careful.

    ReplyDelete