2.01.2011

I Double-Dog Dare You...

This month's dare is courtesy of my friend Julie over at Yummy Men and Kick Ass Chicks and she's not concerned about easing me into this whole read outside your comfort zone thing ;)

The books that you read have too many fangs, guns and gore.  You need more smut.  And I mean curl your toes and make you squirm smut.  And, you need to read more characters that aren’t out to rule the world or eat someone.  Okay well…not the way they usually do in your books.  ;)  So I DARE you to read Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning.  It’s a hot book with endearing characters.  I mean with lines like “Did you come in my hair?” how can you go wrong?  -Julie


Romance/Erotica
384 pages
Sourcebooks Casablanca

Synopsis:
It's been months since Brian Sinclair, lead guitarist for the famous rock band, Sinners, composed anything. Unable to write the music that once flowed so naturally, Brian is lost without his musical mojo. But when sexy psychology professor Myrna Evans comes on tour to study groupie mentality, Brian may have found the spark he needs to reignite his musical genius. When lust turns to love, will Brian be able to convince Myrna that what they have is more than just a fling, and that now that he's found his heart's muse, he doesn't want to live without her?



Bad-boy rock gods, I think I'm in trouble.  But I didn't take it easy on Julie either.  She'll be reading one of my favorite SF/F books, Grimspace by Ann Aguirre.  Come back on February 25th to see what we both have to say about the books we were dared to read.

4 comments:

  1. This should be fun! Just don't sh*t all over one of my favorite books! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie: My brain is going to explode with all the come-backs I could respond with :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Play nice you two! Can't wait to see how this turns out. Happy reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen: I'm on my best behavior, promise!

    ReplyDelete