There are quite a few things that I want to accomplish this year. Cure Alzheimer's, open up my own bakery, play the drums like John Bonham. Oh wait! I've stumbled into my dream world again. Here are some things I've been thinking of and some changes you'll notice this year at The Spinecracker
- There will be a new segment once a month called "Dare Me". I'll ask a literary friend to pick a book that they Dare Me to read, something that's maybe a little outside my comfort zone....and every once and a while maybe I'll get to repay the favor.
- Because of this new segment, I will no longer be hosting a Book of the Month discussion.
- I'm going to try and fool around with my layout a little bit this year, get the site looking like what I see in my head, and function the way I need/want it to. Any input/suggestions/critiques you can give me would be invaluable.
- I'm really trying to ramp up my reading this year. I'm trying to shoot for 3 books a week. We'll see if that's laughable thinking.
- And lastly, another monthly segment. Before books for me, there was music. I was obsessed. I'm still totally into it of course, but since starting the reading blog I've neglected scouting out music like I use to. So I'm trying to bring both of my obsessions onto the same page. I'll be creating a post once a month where I talk about my favorite music from the month. I hope it doesn't scare anyone away.
I hope that you've liked what you see around here, and I hope that you'll continue to stick around with me in 2011.