This discussion hosted by myself & Vampire Book Club is leisurely and stays active all day, so feel free to comment whenever suits you. I have a couple of topics/questions I wanted to raise, but please jump in with any thoughts or questions of your own. And the folks at VBC will be jumping in with their thoughts in the comment section below
Also, Chloe Neill was kind enough to give away some Chicagoland goodies to one lucky commenter. The winner will be drawn randomly from a comment made today before midnight and announced tomorrow here at The Spinecracker.
(If you've read through the series, and not just this first book, please try to answer according to the knowledge we received in this book alone.)
- I found it interesting, and maybe a little suspicious, that Merit's grandfather runs the "supernatural police" and I kept getting some strange vibes from her father as well. Am I alone in thinking that one of them is going to turn out to be "other"? ...might explain for Merit's quick uptake on her new vampire abilities.
- OK, any thoughts on the super-secret vampire liaison for Ombud? I can't explain why, but I have this weird feeling that it's Ethan. I'm not sure why he would do this for Merit's grandfather but like I said it's a feeling.
- Did I miss it, or did we find out Merit's first name?
- So, I have to know everyone's preference: Are you Team Ethan or Team Morgan? I'm Ethan all the way. Merit & Morgan?! No way. Sounds too much like Mork & Mindy.
- I loved the history teasers about Catcher & Ethan. I can't wait to find out how and why they know each other so well. Think Catcher has a sordid history much? :)